Monday, June 18, 2007

Knocked Up

Man. I have been neglecting this site. So much has happened this summer, but I guess I'll take one thing at a time.

I saw Knocked Up last Saturday. Again, I went into it with high expectations. Huge box office reports can't lie. The American movie going public must have thought this movie is genius. Melissa and Jess both said this movie was hilarious. And you can't go wrong with Katherine Heigl right?

Again, I should have gone in with low expectations. Just like how I felt about Shrek 3 and Pirates 3, this movie was so-so at best. The movie definitely had its memorable hilarious moments, but there was never a really a laugh out loud, knee slappingly great moment in the movie. It was a very subtle and sweet movie. What made me look at it with a critical eye were that none of the characters were relatable. Maybe for some folks, but I had no sympathy for Seth Rogan's Ben character. I thought he was all wrong for Katherine Heigl and could not see the chemistry between them.

But there were two people that made me love this movie.
1) PAUL RUDD. How can you not like Paul Rudd???? Ever since he professed his love for Kenny G in Clueless, my love for him has never waned. The scenes of him at Las Vegas watching Cirque du Soleil on mushrooms... HIL-AR-IOUS. Watch him in action:
2) Kristen Wiig. You may know her on SNL. She was the biggest scene stealer in the movie. Her conniving double talk back stabbing comments made the funniest scenes in the movie. Wish she were in more than the 2 scenes. Here is an outtake:

1 comment:

Judy said...

Dude, have you seen Freaks and Geeks? I can't not love Seth Rogen in this movie because he's so awesome. Plus I love all of the cameos from Freaks and Geeks alumni.