Saturday, April 28, 2007

Reality

Man, I'm hungry for some Chipotle. Nothing sounds better than gorging a brick. Seems all healthy, but it isn't. Now I'm not surprised that McDonald's owns Chipotle...

My favorite: Barbacoa burrito with with rice, black beans, tomato, corn and red tomatillo salsas, cheese, sour cream and guacamole. Let's assess the damage:
Chipotle Nutrition Facts
Serving Size:
1 Burrito
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1543Calories from Fat 619
% DV*
Total Fat 69g
Saturated Fat 22.5g
Cholesterol 144mg
Sodium 4641mg
Total Carbohydrate 160g
Dietary Fiber 18.5g
Sugars 10g
Protein 72g
Vitamin A 164%
Vitamin C 85%
Calcium 55%
Iron 36%

Chipotle Nutrition Results provided by: Chipotle Fan.com
Yay for high in Vit. A and C, protein. But, look at that sodium. Daily sodium intake should be like 2000 mg.... I don't care. I want one.

2 comments:

burrito eater said...

They actually haven't been owned by McDonalds for 6+ months now. Though I agree, many of their burritos tip the scales on calories and sodium. I like to split my burrito and save half for later, or get a bol instead of going whole "hog".

tb said...

wow that was informational... chipotle is good but you need to come to LA dennis i will show you the BEST tacos wahhh.