Sunday, February 11, 2007

the Shins!

So the fantabulous Jiyeon mentioned the Shins coming to the Congress theater last month. At first, I wasn't really that interested. I remember Tina introducing the Shins to me way back when, 2000? Oh, Inverted World was pretty good, but not life changing. Was still unfazed by the Garden State hype blah blah blah. Listened to their new album, Wincing the Night Away and I was blown away. I love this album, and it's one of my favorites so far this year in 2007 (next to the new Mika, Arcade Fire and Bloc Party albums...) Then I became totally excited to see the Shins.
Getting to the concert was such a struggle in 5 degree temperatures. It was such a relief to not stand too long in line outside the theater. My toes were seriously going to fall off. Anyways, we got their pretty much in time, which probably implied getting ok view of the stage. But due to the awesome luck, we found this pocket of the front row to the left of the stage. We were so close and got to see everything. Viva Voce was the opener, and they reminded me of an inverted White Stripes. A husband/wife duo with the guy at the drums and the girl with the guitar. They were pretty good, but the Shins were the best. Loved the entire set. I just wished they interacted with the audience more. Not enough talking! But yeah, we have the hots for the singer. Such dorky hot. Too bad he's married and has a kid. Sorry Jiyeon, you can't smack that. Can't wait for Bloc Party in March. They're coming to Congress also. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to that.

2 comments:

jsilvercard said...

so jealous! aw 5 degree weather :( they played a free show at amoeba in hollywood but i didn't go! regret regret.

JChang said...

i am so totally jealous!!!!