Sunday, October 22, 2006

Marie Antoinette, Listen to: Radio Dept.

It's been a while since I've seen a movie. The last one was "Little Miss Sunshine", which I totally recommend everyone watch. I've been waiting to see Marie Antoinette since the trailer came out last year, and its major press during Cannes. This project could be amazing or just a REALLY BAD MISTAKE.
I had no idea what to expect. Mixed reviews didn't prevent me from watching this awesome movie. But I wouldn't label it as a movie per se. It was more of a moving modern art piece for 2 hours. Most of the movie was spent watching life go on without dialogue. It really made you sink your feet in pre-revolution France. The costumes! The sets! It was a visual feast of hot people/clothes/candy for the eyes.
Plus it's directed by Sofia, so it's gotta have great music. The trailer really shocked me a year ago, when seeing the costume drama set to New Order! I was shocked how well "Age of Consent" worked with all the decadence of Versailles. Who knew indie music would complement it? Sofia's soundtracks were perfect before, especially for The Virgin Suicides, but I would say that this soundtrack would take the cake :-p. I would rate this movie an A-. I just wished the people who sat next to me didn't suck face for 2 hours. DISGUSTING.

I especially like the music from The Radio Dept. Watch this:
Intrigued? Download these:
Pulling Our Weight.
What Will Give?.
I Wanted You To Feel the Same.
Keen on Boys.
We Made the Team.
The Worst Taste In Music.

No comments: