Friday, September 22, 2006

WTF: Tornado

I was just doing some communications reading, and I woke up to sirens. TORNADO WARNING SIRENS. WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO?

SEVERE WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL
620 PM CDT FRI SEP 22 2006

AT 619 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RADAR CONTINUED TO INDICATE A TORNADO NEAR HUMBOLDT PARK...AND MOVING EAST AT 45 MPH.

THE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR...CHICAGO DOWNTOWN AND LINCOLN PARK BY 625 PM...

THE SAFEST PLACE TO BE DURING A TORNADO IS IN A BASEMENT. GET UNDER A WORKBENCH OR OTHER PIECE OF STURDY FURNITURE. IF NO BASEMENT IS AVAILABLE...SEEK SHELTER ON THE LOWEST FLOOR OF THE BUILDING IN AN INTERIOR HALLWAY OR ROOM SUCH AS A CLOSET. USE BLANKETS OR PILLOWS TO COVER YOUR BODY AND ALWAYS STAY AWAY FROM WINDOWS.

IF IN A HIGH RISE BUILDING...MOVE TO AN INTERIOR ROOM OR STAIRWAY.

Oh. I'm going to duct tape pillows around my body.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Dang....I guess you are a far ways from Cali...That is completely nuts...Dude, the bad weather delayed my 45 min flight from Cleveland to B'more for 3 hrs!!! Glad you're still alive... :)