Friday, September 15, 2006

Project Runway. NURD: Indian Garden

Don't look at me. I just work here.

Doesn't it feel like yesterday that we saw Danny V's, Chloe's and Santino's collections? Well, I guess another season has come and almost gone. Today was the last day of spring fashion week in NYC and what better way to top it off than the Project Runway designs. Here is my totally non-expert analysis of the runway and who I think will win.
Oh Jeffrey. You are an ass. Since your personality isn't judged, let's look at your collection. BLECH. I really liked your socialite dress, so I was excited to see what you presented.
Unflattering.

Her look totally says it all. VOMIT.

I hope Jeffrey is the person out next week.
Poor Michael. Michael pulled the a Danny V. So good throughout the entire season. COMPLETELY disappointing at the runway show. His collection was completely devoid of taste. His dresses were so amazing on the show. Today's showed his true style of dressing for 'Lil Kim.
I have no words for this hoochie-ness.

Even Michael's best isn't all that spectacular...

So I'm guessing it's a showdown between Uli and Laura. We're gonna have another female designer win!
"I luk bettah zan ze modelz."

Nice shirt dress huh?

Going African.

Silver is in.

Fierrrrce!

Haven't we seen all of this before? Not very surprised by her dresses but I'm still impressed.

But Laura. She pulled out all the stops for her collection. Her collection looked immaculately produced and looked a lot more interesting than anything she made on the show. I hope she wins, because she deserves it.
"I'm pregnant AND a fashion designer. Take that HEIDI."

Ooooh. Sparkly.

Poooof!


Stunning, huh?

So I hope Laura wins. But you know, I was completely wrong about last time about Chloe. Hers looked ridiculous on the online pictures. So who knows, Jeffrey or Michael might win. I guess it's all a matter of taste. We'll find out in a month! Go look at the pictures here, and tell me who you think is going to win.
Today is gorgeous. It was so cloudy for the past week and a half, and finally the sun shines through the city. Michelle, Amy and I ate lunch at an Indian Buffet because we all had the biggest craving for some Indian. (I miss $6.99 Akbar and Mughal Garden.) But this place was some fancy Indian buffet for $8.50. The nan was cooked fresh. Sizzling tandoori chicken was served to your plate. The lamb curry was delish. My favorite was the chicken curry and spinach of course. Too bad there was no chicken tiki masala. What kind of Indian buffet doesn't have that staple? But whatever, it was completely worth it for $8.50. DEFINITELY coming back.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Dangit I just came to leave you a comment and then was hit by a barrage of Project Runway photos. Haha, I was hoping that you would have updated with something new by now. Anyway, I'm just here to say that Mt. Hamilton is not actually IN San Jose, it's got its own zip code. :-p

Jen said...

You look like you're having soo much fun Mr. Dennis!!! =o) I love opera!!!

Roli Singh Designs said...

Roli Singh a young designer who started her label to "Roli Singh Designs" 5 yrs Back is a well known name in Fashion with a degree in fashion from NIFT & A.P.J Institute of design.

Roli’s clothes are young, fresh and vibrant. She takes times in understanding her clients especially when it comes to design a trousseu. Her clothes are an eccentric mix of delightful colours, fruity hues with traditional thread work and zardosi, chikankari work, embellished georgettes, crepes, net, tissue and voile in variety of Indian as well as western wear. Her collection ranges from USD $ 35.00 to USD $ 4000.00

We also do renovation which is the art of preserving works from old sarees and suits into latest designer wear. Each order is handled personally by our expert team to ensure that our customers get the attention and service they deserve.

Roli says "as a couturies i feel making beautiful clothes is an art. To create a line of successive layers of inspiration is anarduous journey with plenty of artistic hurdles, inventine madness, untill the desired collection is done."

Her clients are women in their late twenties or early 30s on words. This is the age when women come into their own, discover their posline attirbutes and confidently use them to enhance their looks personality.

Roli classic style is contemprory elegent yet very sexy. You can take certain things foe granted when shoppingfrom Roli Singh "Style, Comfort & Compliments."

Roli Singh
info@rolisingh.com
http://www.rolisingh.com

Roli Singh Designs said...

According to me "I feel making beautiful clothes is an art and it requires creativity and time, to make somebody look beautiful".

Roli Singh
info@rolisingh.com
http://www.rolisingh.com