Thursday, August 10, 2006

Stitches Bitches

(See my spread...)
Since this is medically related, I feel prompted to post this up. I got stitches today. Now, don't get your underwear bunched up in craziness. I'm completely fine. For the past two years, I've been hopsitalized, nailed pins inside my wrist, had 39402 x-rays, been put under anesthesia multiple times, worn casts for months, went to numerous physical therapy sessions, and received countless number of shots. It's like Dennis went from never getting sick to Dennis filling his quota of injuries for the next decade.
(My infamous pins)
Anyways, what happened could easily be an entry in the Stupid Diaries. I was enjoying my Wednesday night while watching "So You Think You Can Dance". I'm a total Travis fan and I think he's going to win. It was really hot yesterday again, so I wanted to cool myself off with fresh watermelon. To slice it, I got the huge Miracle Blade knife. Now these knives are NICE. They cut 9032181 times better than the knives back in Richard's and my apartment in Baltimore. I used the really long one that slices meats with the two prongs in the end. So slicing the watermelon doo-di-doo-di-doo, and oh, the knife went into my thumb. Oh, blood is everywhere. Oh, I should elevate and apply pressure.

Meh, I said to myself. This could wait. I wanted to see if the cut would stop bleeding in the morning. At 6am, curiosity woke me up to see if the cut was closed up. Nope, it was still like a quarter of an inch wide. Well, I should go to the emergency room now.

The entire hospital experience was amazing. I was in and out in 30 minutes. I guess it was the early morning non rush, but still. I wanted to get out of there ASAP, and so would they. Getting stitches for the first time wasn't bad. I was like oooOOOOoooh, so that's how they do it. The doctor was really nice. And now I have this cool bandage.
(Too bad I can't show you the stitches...)

Wait another 6 months to see what injury I pose upon myself next! Judy's coming today! Woot!

6 comments:

NeoPeo said...

AAAACCKK poor Dennis! Big knives are scary (cue Psycho riff). But don't worry. You still don't qualify for Stupid Diaries status. We're much dumber than that. Unfortunately.

JChang said...

oh. my. GOD!!!!

DIDN'T THAT HURT? ARE YOU NUTS???

Mira Kim said...

O my gosh! I hope you are ok!!! Yeah...watermelons can be tough...I usually get the smaller ones cuz they are a little easier to handle...

BTW, I LOVE "So you think you can dance" too! Travis has excellent dancing techniques for sure. I like Heidi's spit fire-like dancing style...that lady's got a good posture! Wellz let the best win :>

Dan said...

hahaha. i totally feel you. i did the same thing with my cutco knife a while back. but i wasnt smart enough to go to the hospital. so it bled for like 3 days straight (but its okay now :) ).

but i applied direct pressure and elevation (alas, i couldnt find any pressure bandages). see? you taught me well :P

Spikedsoymilk said...

Way to go -_-

Spikedsoymilk said...

Way to go -_-