Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Listen to: Ring the Alarm and Michael Gray

New music is just coming out by the second. And I can't get enough of it. When Beyoncé released her new single "Ring the Alarm", I was DISGUSTED. But like Christina's new double album, stick with it and the rewards will come. The song is powerful, catches your attention, makes you respond (positively or negatively) to the song. Watching the video made me love the song even more...

Sophie Muller is the best music video director. She also did the "Déjà Vu" video and "Not Ready to Make Nice" which are awesome. These are a couple of my favorite videos of her.

1) Björk: Venus as a Boy, No Doubt: Don't Speak
2) The Killers: Mr. Brightside, Maroon 5: She Will Be Loved
3) Gwen Stefani: Cool, Shakira: Hips Don't Lie

Plus, new Michael Gray! When I went to Apex in DC one time, I couldn't get this one song out of my head. It was called the "Weekend" and I was entranced. His new single "Borderline" is almost as good. He knows how to get four women dancing provocatively.
1) Borderline 2) The Weekend:

No comments: