Monday, August 07, 2006

Listen to: my current favorite songs

THE RULES: (from Joyce)
List five songs that you are currently enjoying. It doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artist, and the song in your blog, then tag five other people to see what they're listening to. If you want any of these songs, just IM me.

1) Steamy Sexy: Ne-yo: "Sexy Love"

I thought "Sad Songs" was good. But this song is just better. It mixes two MJ songs ("Don't Care About Us" beats with "Human Nature" synths) but brings out sexiness that MJ can't. Plus watching this video, dancing on a chair hasn't been this sexy since Janet Jackson's Miss You Much video.

2) Modern Sexy: Pet Shop Boys: "Minimal"

Their first single "I'm with Stupid" dealt with Bush's apparent love affair with Tony Blair after the Iraqi war in the cheeky way only the PSB could get away with. With this new single, it just screams class. Just watch the arty minimal backdrops. And those two dancers. That was cool how their bodies meshed with the letters. My favorite part is the orchestral part at the end. Too bad most of it was cut off in the radio edit.

3) Painfully Sexy: LeAnn Rimes: "And It Feels Like"

What happened to LeAnn Rimes? It's too bad she's not popular here as in the UK. Apparently she's a huge pop star there. Here, the American audience is just confused. Is she pop? Country? Adult contemporary? It's because of this, her new album is only released across the ocean, and it's too bad. This song's a grower.

4) Defiantly Sexy: Dixie Chicks: "Not Ready to Make Nice"

Of all the videos WATCH THIS ONE. Watching and listening to this song, made me respect the Dixie Chick 1000000000x more. I applauded them after they said "Just so you know, we're ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas." Unfortunately due to bad timing, their popularity pummeled down. And it's interesting that the people who sent them death threats 3 years ago, could make the same statement about Bush now. Anyways this song deals with the Dixie Chicks refusing to apologize.
This video has so much visual symbolism. It NEEDS to be seen.

5) Young Sexy: Jojo: "Too Little Too Late"

Ok. So you've all heard my infamous karaoke to "Leave (Get Out)". I love Jojo. In the summer of MCAT, I listened to her CD nonstop. Who cares if she was 14. Who cares if she was singing about noe-ing lyfe and thoze shorties that r breezy. Off the heezy. Fo sheezy. Two years later, and she's again singing one of the best songs of the summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too little, Too late... this song makes me sad... poo. But a good song that everyone can relate to.

my Homework intrigues you???? poooh. I gotta read a book that's on my xanga plus a 45 page article, then another 10 page article, and watch a 4 hour documentary on AIDS. *Sigh*. I'm about 1/10th of my way there.. kekeke

when's your school starting?
mindy