- Dinner with Mike, Jess Lee and Jana before the Shakira concert! Mmmm chicken. Mike, we need to meet up again!
- Shakira was HOTT. Danced with Jess and Jana all over our row. Kept checking out the flaming Latino guys who each had a letter that spelled SHAKIRA. Jana sat on S's lap. I'm jealous. But I'm more of a K guy.
- Packed three 50 pound bags to check in. Had two carry ons that were like 40 pounds each. Going to fedex 4 more boxes of winter clothes, etc.
- Got to San Jose airport 7:30am for my 9:45am flight. Curbside checkin took an hour due to long lines.
- Said goodbye to my family. I miss them. :'(
- Flight delayed for 45 minutes.
- Sat next to a horticulturalist who kept talking to me. Telling me all these "Korean" jokes. Smiled and laughed to play along.
- I've never heard babies shriek like howling banshees before while landing.
- Fumbled carrying those 250 pounds of bags from baggage claim to the taxi stoop.
- Finally got to Abbott Hall, my future home for one year.
- Ran over to a building 3 blocks down to pick up my keys. So not convenient.
- Met up with David and his friend Robert who helped me move in. David was my host when I visited Northwestern last December. They're awesome.
- Ate the best Pad See Ew ever at restaurant called Dao.
- Did some minor food shopping at Dominick's (aka Chicago's Safeway).
- Locked out of Abbott Hall because I don't know how to enter the doors.
- Called security guard who showed me where I can use these 3 random keys I got.
- Unpacked for rest of night.
Sunday, August 20, 2006
Quick post before I pass out!