Thursday, July 13, 2006

Hotel Room in Busan


Hotel Room in Busan
Originally uploaded by dwhang.
Day 11

Time to leave Seoul and explore the city where my mom is from: Busan! We half packed our suitcases and headed down south taking KTX. It was SUPER fast. By bus, it took about 6 hours. Taking this express train, it only took 2 hours and 45 minutes. It didn't feel like it was going that fast, but it said it was going 300 km/h. Pretty speedy indeed.

We arrived in Miryang, a city north of Busan to visit my mom's cousin, who apparently was her motorcycle buddy. Hmm... We finally had some Korean kalbi for lunch, but I'd have to say American kalbi is cheaper and tastes better. In the whole trip, I think this was the only meal that we had with beef. Everything else was fish related, which tastes so much better. That day we also got to see my great aunt in the sigol (countryside) and see where my grandparents lived. All in all, a pretty cool way to spend the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.